OK it’s official: my Flu is gone. This means that it’s about time I catch everyone up on some amazing things happening all over the nation as we continue moving toward equality. To begin, the conversation of equality has been going on for many many years, but the passage of Proposition 8 has made this conversation surge in ways never seen before. EVERYONE is talking about equal rights these days… and it’s making our opposition louder as well. We need to stay strong, stay loud, and STAY PROUD!
Here are some amazing ways that you can get out there and keep this conversation going, make some changes, and push us another step (or leap) forward on the path to full equal rights:
- “PROcott” Pepsi – so there is no official antonym for “boycott” as such, I give you “procott.” The American Family Association (the group that brings the nation anti-gay propaganda videos making members of the LGBTQ community out to be in-human), is now calling for a national boycott of Pepsi. They are angered by Pepsi’s pro-LGBTQ stance and outraged by the latest Pepsi Ads. They have almost 200K people signed up to boycott Pepsi. So, let’s show Pepsi how much we support them. Check out this great Facebook Group asking you to BUY PEPSI. We have millions of people involved with JTI… let’s show the AFA just how easy it is for us to cancel out their numbers! Once you’ve agreed to Buy Pepsi, call them and thank them for their support (especially since they are getting calls from those against the LGBTQ community right now: 914-253-2000 or 1-800-433-2652).
- March Forth on March 4th: March 4th is the “Eve of Justice” and MEUSA is putting together an amazing candlelight vigil across California. Join in from your home, your city center, or use The Impact to setup an event in your city.
- March 5th Wear White: Willow did a great post on this yesterday. On March 5th, the CA Supreme Court will be hearing the opening arguments for and against Prop 8. Please wear white (or a white knot) that day to support those fighting for all of us.
- March 5th – COME TO SF: That’s right… I know that the economy is in a downward spiral right now, but that also means that plane tickets are SUPER CHEAP. Join myself, Willow, and thousands of JTI members from around the country outside of the SF Supreme Court to witness this amazing historical event! Virgin Airlines and Travelocity are selling super cheap tickets to SF right now! Let’s join the goal of getting 100K people outside of the courthouse on the 5th!
- Even if you can’t come to SF, help us share this with EVERYONE! MEUSA is raising money to get a Jumbotron in front of the SF courthouse so that everyone in attendance can hear the opening arguments. ANY DONATION HELPS!!! Please DONATE TODAY!
- Ask Your State Rep to Support UAFA: The Uniting American Families Act was reintroduced on February 12th. Call your state rep and ask that they support the UAFA.
- Stay tuned to this site for updates on future events. If you have an idea for an event and would like the help of JTI, please submit your event here.